Disassembly, defects detection and compiling parts list

We disassembled vehicle for detailed inspection and defects detection.

Modern plastic covers of the 60-ties were not resisting sun radiation.

Several cardboard trimming panels were broken.

Door external handles were severely damaged by corrosion.

Repaired floor panels again were damaged by corrosion.

Sunroof mechanism was generally in acceptable condition, though certain corroded components required replacement.

Repaired areas of the passenger compartment floor again were damaged.

Certain door window parts were completely destroyed by corrosion.

We extracted motor from the rear engine compartment.

Unfortunately longerons in the rear compartment area were seriously damaged by corrosion.

We removed rear wheels – rear braking mechanisms were in acceptable condition.

We removed rear axle and transmission encapsulated into the pelt of oil and mud.

At the front end we noticed that steering gear is leaking and body has the same corrosion caused damages as at the rear end.

Front longerons had serious penetrating corrosion damages.

As we removed front axle we noticed that front axle housing has dangerous penetrating corrosion damages.

All body crossmembers were affected by corrosion.

We dismantled electrical system completely.

We washed removed from the body transmission and rear axle unit.

We washed removed from the body front axle.

We washed removed from the body motor.

We dismantled and stored autonomous heating device.

We completely dismantled ventilation system components gaining access to the focal of rust.

We disassembled damaged bumpers.

Bumper brackets were destroyed by corrosion.

We cleaned manually body outside panels.

Thickness of the filler on the side panels reached centimetre.

Front doors had a traces of the damages caused by accident.

Lover parts of the side panels were replaced.

Already repaired rear corner panels again had penetrating corrosion damages.

Side panels along the wheel arches were damaged by corrosion.

Lower parts of the doors were already replaced.

There was serious damage on the right corner of the roof repaired by several kilograms of the filler.

We removed thick layer of the filler preparing roof surface for repair.

There were penetrating corrosion holes leading water from the underneath into passenger compartment.

Several patches were laid over the holes in partition wall behind driver seat.

Body from underneath was covered by thick layer of the tar preventing use of the sand blasting, so we had to clean it manually first.

Already during manual cleaning most of damages become obvious.

We removed cylinders to access pistons and rings.

For defects detection we disassembled oil pump.

We extracted oil pump from the engine block.

We separated both halves of the engine block.

Now we could perform assessment of the bearing and crankpin surfaces.

Complete crankshaft with connecting rods was removed from the engine.

There were signs of extensive wear on the main bearing shells.

to top