Mercedes-Benz 300d “Adenauer”
|Production period:||1957. - 1962.|
|Produced tot.:||3077 units|
|Engine:||R6, 12-valves, with fuel injection|
|Engine capacity:||2996 cm³|
|Power:||160 hp at 5300 rev.|
|Max. speed:||165 km/h|
|Extras:||interior partition wall|
Going right back to the era of their production from 1951 to 1962, the MERCEDES-BENZ 300 "Adenauer" models (chassis codes: W186, W188 and W189) were always at the top of the Mercedes-Benz product hierarchy due to their innovative technical solutions, exclusive level of fittings, high price and correspondingly small production volumes. Therefore, these luxury class technologically high quality limousines were mainly used for the requirements of various countries' governments and royal families, as well as business tycoons, and occasionally showbiz stars.
Thanks to GFR Chancellor Konrad Adenauer who used six different modifications of limousines of this model during his career as a statesman from 1949 to 1963, the MERCEDES-BENZ 300 model acquired its nickname "Adenauer".
The specific car which arrived at the Riga Master Workshop (RMW) was formerly used for diplomatic service - it was prepared for the requirements of the German Federal Republic's (GFR) diplomatic corps in the United States at the time when Prof. Dr. jur. Wilhelm Grewe assumed the responsibilities of GFR Ambassador to the United States in 1958.