Restoration process


Overview period - week 17, 2019.

1. Progress of the project.

We continued assembling of the car arrived from the paintshop and repairing of the components for installation.

Synthetic roof lining suffered from ageing so we opted for complete replacement.

We used old lining as a pattern and fabricated completely new sewing for installation.

As roof lining was in place, we installed rear screen using new seal.

Beltline decorations were seriously damaged, so we ordered completely new kit of aluminium mouldings.

We brought up heater unit for cleaning and repair of the broken housing.

We completely disassembled heater unit to get rid of debris accumulated during lifetime of the vehicle.

We installed in place renovated ant tested heater unit.

Salvaged air ducts connected to the heater unit.

We installed prepared components of the dashboard and connected concerned devices to the electrical system.

We continued works in the engine compartment installing and connecting to the electrical system renovated engine ancillaries.

We installed renovated control system of the engine and transmission.

We installed preassembled door windows.

We installed renovated door mechanisms.

We used new weather-strip installing windshield.

Using new rubber seals, we installed movable side windows.

We installed prepared rear lamps and scripts.

We installed prepared lighting devices at the front-end.

Salvaged antenna installed in place.

Restored horns installed in place and connected to the electrical system.

We installed renovated grille and “kidneys”.

Renovated decorations of the rear end installed in place.

To improve field of vision of the tiny rear view mirror we tailored and installed convex glass.

to top